Casting youth 10 to 20 years old!
Announcing auditions for our fall production of the murder-mystery spoof musical, Something’s Afoot. This is a mentorship production that will have a youth cast and an adult cast. The two casts will be working together through the rehearsal process and will have four performances each. We are looking for actors 10 to 20 years old for the youth cast. The adult cast has been set. To book an audition appointment, contact assistant director Ferril Gardner: email@example.com.
Directed by Jennie Gray Connard
Musical Direction by William Ah Sing
Sunday, September 25, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Monday, September 26, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Callbacks by invitation:
Wednesday, September 28, 6:30 p.m.
Auditions and rehearsals will be held at:
Carlton Oaks School
9353 Wethersfield Road
Santee, CA 92071
Production dates are December 2-18 at:
Off Broadway Live
9490 Cuyamaca Street
Santee, CA 92071
Participation in our productions is always free! When e-mailing, give the following:
Preferred audition day and time
Roles in which you are interested
Those auditioning should bring sheet music or CD with background track and be prepared to sing approximately one minute of a musical theatre song. An accompanist will be provided. If possible, please also bring a resume and headshot/recent photo. If called back for Tuesday night, please be prepared to dance.
At your audition appointment, we would love to hear your best British accent, but it is not required.
Rehearsals will take place at Carlton Oaks School in Santee beginning October 3, Monday through Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Performances will take place at Off Broadway Live, December 2-18. Something’s Afoot will be directed by Jennie Gray Connard with musical direction by William Ah Sing.
Ten people are stranded in an isolated English country house during a raging thunderstorm. One by one, they’re picked off by cleverly fiendish devices. As the bodies pile up in the library, the survivors frantically race to uncover the identity and motivation of the cunning culprit. A zany, entertaining musical that takes a satirical poke at Agatha Christie mysteries and musical styles of the English music hall of the ’30s.
- Miss Tweed (Lead): The elderly amateur detective, very strong personality, a performer in all ways, alto.
ADULT CAST: Heather Deerfield
- Hope (Lead): The ingenue, pretty, female love interest, sweet tempered, not extremely deep, wide range soprano.
ADULT CAST: Eliana Payne
- Geoffrey (Lead): The juvenile, male love interest, athletic, good natured, high baritone.
ADULT CAST: Noah Zuniga-Williams
- Nigel (Supporting): The dissolute nephew, kind of the bad boy, looking to inherit his uncle’s fortune, tenor.
ADULT CAST: Cameron Williams
- Grace (Supporting): The grande-dame, elegant but covering up diminished circumstances, mezzo.
ADULT CAST: Dawn Marie Zuniga-Williams
- Col. Gillweather (Supporting): The old army man, blustery classic British military man, baritone.
ADULT CAST: Joel Gossett
- Lettie (Supporting): The saucy maid, Cockney accent, cute, agile, mezzo.
ADULT CAST: Meredith Russo
- Flint (Supporting): The caretaker, a bit lecherous, but not a bad guy, Cockney, high baritone.
ADULT CAST: Frank Remiatte
- Dr. Grayburn (Supporting): The family doctor, knowledgeable, kind, baritone.
ADULT CAST: Robert Shadbolt
- Clive (Supporting): The fussy butler, bass.
ADULT CAST: Mark Spencer